Beat Exam Stress (powered by HeartMath SA) offer workshops and coaching for students and teachers of all grades. The focus of the lessons taught are to educate how our emotions impact our physiology and ability to perform.
The HeartMath skills and techniques taught are simple and effective in creating a shift from feeling anxiety and chaos in the body into feeling at ease and calm.
We are taught how to read, write, count and play music….but if we are not taught how to manage our emotions, no matter how hard we have studied or practiced, our emotions can get the better of us and we may make silly mistakes.
We are never too young or too old to learn and practice the lessons found in HeartMath.
The workshops are tailored according to the audience, and will have a specific focus. Our workshops will be posted on the website and Facebook page.
Topics than can be covered include (not limited to):
- Understanding Coherence and Resilience (what it is and the benefits)
- Causes and impacts of stress on our physiology, health and performance
- Techniques to cope with stress in the moment, to manage overwhelming emotions (e.g. anxiety, anger, worry, fear, sadness)
- How to create calm in our body and emotions
- How to build resilience and coherence
- Energetics (how we can influence others or be influenced by others)
- How to feel more in control
- How our emotions impact our ability to think clearly
- How to consciously create a shift in our emotions and to create new, more desirable emotional, mental and physical responses to events.
If you would like us to run a workshop(s) for your teachers, students or children we would be more than happy to facilitate. We would partner with you and discuss the desired outcome. (Note: We have a certified trainer in Cape Town and Johannesburg. If you are in other areas in South Africa, then we would need to include our travel fee in to the cost).
Often the best plan would be to have a 2/3 hour workshops followed by one on one coaching sessions.
The one on one coaching sessions are based on the HeartMath® system which uses a set of breathing and positive emotion techniques, supported by bio-feedback technology, enabling you to shift your baseline response to stress, boost your resilience and improve performance.
Learning these self regulation skills will enable you to improve performance in which ever it is you are doing.
The coaching follows a guide to ensure the relevant HeartMath techniques and modules are covered, however the sessions are tailored according to the individuals needs.
In the sessions we will work on the bio-feedback technology to help master the techniques by viewing the physiological changes the occur in the body when practicing the techniques.
The number one factor that will determine the value you receive from the coaching alliance is the level of commitment we each bring to it.
We will work together to:
- Support your personal development goals
- Facilitate exploration of your needs, motivations, skills and thought processes in order for you to identify your own solutions and actions
- Support you in setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals
You will receive:
- 1:1 coaching in the techniques and understanding how our emotions impact our physiology and behaviour
- Coherence and resilience training practice on the bio-feedback technology
- Pre and post assessments to assess resilience capacity pre and post practice
- A coaching workbook
- An opportunity to hire one of the bio-feedback technology devices
- Ongoing support
We will commit to:
- Deliver value in each one of the coaching sessions
- Observe, listen and ask questions to understand your situation
- Encourage a commitment to action and the development of lasting growth & change
- Be supportive, authentic and non-judgmental
You will commit to:
- Attend all sessions and participate fully by completing all assignments and tasks you agree to.
- Pay the relevant coaching fee which can be paid via EFT or cash (50% deposit required up front to confirm booking)
Sessions and Rates
We strongly recommend a minimum of 4 sessions over 4-6 weeks, however if only one sessions is required, then that is possible.